Monday, May 10, 2010

My Brother


I began going to Grief Share. I felt that I did not deserve to have so much grief still. I am learning that I am purely human and not that super person I thought I always was. I was the one who is suppose to be strong and unaffected by such things. I was raised with a "get over it" attitude. Don't show any weakness...

Losing my brother has broken me. I guess you could say that it's kind of a good thing. I have learned to let go of so many things. Some things are just NOT important to waste time on, while other things are extremely important to become a part of. I have gained truly wonderful realtions with people I knew before, but just didn't have the "time" to stay in touch with, and people that are new to my life. All are special, and are now treasured. We have one main component in our lives in common... Gregory.

He touched all of our lives in such a way, that he made each one of us an important part of his life, no matter what "time" he had. Friends and family have shared stories of how Gregory was in the epicenter of life changing decisions in their lives, all different situations, yet very much the same outcome. He encouraged us all to go for those dreams, set those goals, live your life. Plus, he was always there to keep cheering us on.

I love my brother, I am thankful for everything he did for me. Everyday, I feel I was the luckiest little sister, blessed with such an incredible person as a big brother. I grew up with him, learned about life with him, we shared the world, we even have stories our parents never heard about.

I find myself asking things out loud, as if he were in the next room. I see his face on other drivers on my way to work. Sometimes I can hear his voice. He is everywhere.

I miss him, even more today than yesterday, I always will...

No comments:

Post a Comment