Thursday, July 15, 2010

Countdown - Five Days to Go...

Photography by Paige Pruitt-Haase

The excitement is starting to set in! Or could it be anxiety? I have a few things I would like to pick up for the trip, then I will start to actually pack into a suitcase. Aside from this, my journal study is really leading me so much closer to God. I always feel so protected from the evil one when I completely give my mind to the Good News!

Last night, Doug & I decided to go to The White Eagle, a McMenamins Pub, while we waited to pick up Coral and Morgan after the Justin Bieber Concert. Yes, that sentence is so loaded with so many things that humans struggle with in the flesh! Even though I got to listen to two Bluegrass Bands, my favorite type of music, I found myself looking at the faces of all the people walking by, standing at the bar or even dancing. Everyone looks happy and like they are having fun, but, is it because of the music, atmosphere, drink, friends? Then I question - Do they know Christ? Would they want to know? Would they be interested in learning about Him? Go on a mission trip?

I think a lot of the people would do mission work, but would it be to glorify God? Geez, how did Paul do it?! How did he or even Jesus for that matter, just walk into a town and start sharing the Good News? Without fear of persecution even! I think I would have a harder time sharing this with this crowd than I do in Nicaragua. Like I said, as the time gets closer to depart, I find myself relying totally on God for strength, patience and comfort. He gives all this to me by guiding me to where He needs me, and it all falls into place! Of course, it's not all that easy - I have to be dedicated to this time with Him or I always fall to the wayside, the fleshly struggle when I try to do it all on my own.

In my journal today, Christ is Supreme! Colossians 1:15-23 supreme! God is the beginning and the end. Why should I think that I could handle anything on my own? In Nicaragua, the people I work side by side with know I am there because of God. Here, they have no idea unless I say something. What do I say to start the conversation? It seems God always puts that into place, He also gives me the words, too. But sometimes there is no conversation when I feel there should have been, that's fleshly thinking. Obviously God has already planned for someone else to talk with them or show them the way.

Now is my time to share Christ's love with the people of Nicaragua. I have to use that experience to share with family and friends upon my return. Maybe one day as I sit at a pub listening to music, not only would I meet another Believer, but maybe talk to someone who wants to believe. You just never know, you don't need to, God is in control of that!

So today I would like to share this...
...Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God's servant to proclaim it. Col.1:23

In Christ -
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment