Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where we spoke....

Photography by Paige Pruitt-Haase
Sometimes we just have to take some time and breath. During a difficult time, I found myself in this window, staring out into the ocean and praying. I prayed for peace and comfort, I prayed for joy and happiness to be found.

My life had just taken a profound turn down a rather bumpy road. Well, bumpy is really not the best term. The road was reaked with deep potholes, gravel causing me to slide, and steep cliffs off to the side. My brother had passed away. No one could ever try to describe that kind of pain to me, not in a lifetime.

When I look back at that day, I cry. Not only because it was a deeply sad day, but I was also given the joy I sought when I stared out at the ocean. I looked down and saw a perfectly shapen cross in the small pine, reaching up in the wind. I sensed that my dear Lord was responding as I felt the grip of my brothers hand. We spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment